Monday 21 April 2014

Quilled Card for Engagement

Hi,

       I made this card for my friend's engagement.Would love to share the details here :)

Firstly,I drew a heart shape in the center of the cardstock and cut it with a craft knife.This was very difficult for me as I am poor when it comes to cutting :P I had wasted two cardstocks and got it right in the third trial :) Then I used 3 mm red strips to create a lattice effect.It was little time consuming,but was super fun.First, I had planned to do it one way and it looked so plain,so made it like this.



This was the first time I made so many roses.I have half a dozen more for decorating the envelope too !!
I made the ring first in off-white color which showed little difference,so strictly stuck to the red strips to make it to the challenge!!

Close up pics of the ring and the lattice..





   
Linking it to  Create something catchy challenge
                    Itsybitsy monochromatic challenge

Do let me know how you like it !! :)

10 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!! Lovely lattice u created on ur die cut heart :) and beautiful roses :) Thank you for sharing with CSCC !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww..Thanks a lot Deepti..btw,d heart is not die-cut :P i cut it using a craft knife and it was quite a task for me and wasted 2 sheets.I must get a steady hand soon :P

      Delete
  2. Hey awesome lattice card :) Love your roses, and perfect for the monochromatic challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the roses. Thank you for sharing at CSCC#2. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you made the lattice heart-- cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Soundarya, this card is very sweet and I love especially the little roses! I was able to do them long time ago, then I forgot it. I should try again.

    Mariangela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a lot :) try again ,Its addictive :P !

      Delete