Monday 6 January 2014

Small break from quilling :P

Hi,

           Yay! I had got few craft supplies and brought it here through a friend..But,still loads of stuff are yet to arrive from my itsy bitsy shopping.Hoping to have it soon here through someone visiting India.  I have been quilling a red monarch butterfly in A4 size recently and wanted to take make something different.I had some homemade cold porcelain remaining after I had hand sculpted nearly 50 roses which I will share soon.

             Took the cold porcelain and used the quilling mould to make big half pearl shape for the pendant and made it in smaller size for the stud type earring.I did not find any metallic paints here,so painted roughly to get an antique effect with the copper colored 3d outliner :P Used a plunger to design the center of the pendant and earring.Climate here is not adding any justice to this beauty in the photography :( But,I am in love with this piece.





Next,is the little pendant which I made with the pearls and quilling strip.I cut a small square out of a cardstock and glued pearls to it using the glue gun and surrounded it with the quilling strips for defining the outline.In order to cover the gap between the pearls,I sticked small tight coils :P


Linking it to itsybitsy-make-it festive challenge!!

With Love,
Soundarya

2 comments:

  1. Love your cold porcelain creation. I love to see clay crafts but unfortunately cant seem to manage time to devote to it.Do share your roses.
    And Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog
    I love to interact with blogger friends so dont be a silent reader again!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cold porcelain pendants and studs from mould.. :)

    ReplyDelete