Sunday 26 January 2014

Upcycled Jewellery box :)

Hi,
       
            The climate here was so cool and it made me so lazy that I was literally lying down all day in the cozy sofa :P Finally,I am here with this post today.There are no scrapbooking supplies here,no distress inks,no die-cutting machines,no pattern papers,and I can go on and on.So,I try to do little of what I can find here.

              Today,I was in the mood of upcycling the small Jewellery box.It was made of super thick cardstock and was so cute that I did not want to throw it away.

                           I sticked some scrap items on the top of the box(like the one remaining from some electrical work done in my house,a heart shaped embellishment remaining from a project,cold porcelain flowers from a plunger) using the glue gun.Some aluminium foil was damaged exactly in the middle so I was not able to roll it up for packaging lunch.I decided to use that also.

                                        I crushed the foil and pasted it all over the box and started defining the outline of the scrap items using a smooth tip as I was not having an embossing tip.I had to be extra careful not to tear it.


I wanted to paint it using metallic colors,but that was not available.So,I chose two colors from the 3d outliner that I had.First,I painted it the bronze colour and allowed it to dry and gave it a second coat.Then,I painted roughly with the green and allowed it to dry.

This was giving it a rustic look.But,I wanted the box to look like an antique rustic piece.
So,I painted it with black all over it.




Now,I sprinkled little water over it,and then dabbed excess of black paint using a tissue.I removed it in a random way leaving more black at a side and less at the other.Allowed it to dry.Voila!!Loved the effect of the rustic look and also the scrap items were showing off so beautifully :) The colors are looking different in each photo,I guess the camera was playing its magic as the sky was beginning to darken.





                           I hope to repeat it this project using coins or keys as the embellishment and different color combo in the future.
Do let me know how you like it!

Linking it to color conceptions3B's challenge
     



4 comments:

  1. I loved the grungy look Soundarya ,Its amazing how you have made it without much supplies .Keep it up !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Pooja :) lol..jus started crafting n i need supplies badly..jus 2 more months and i wil b back in India :)

      Delete
  2. Thats such a wonderful idea !! nice creation ...Thanks for playing along at CCC, 3-Bs

    ReplyDelete